Rebuild Your Credit
After experiencing a financial setback, there are two ways to rebuild your credit: do it yourself or use a reputable credit counseling agency.
To repair your own credit:
- Order a copy of your credit report.
- Identify and correct any errors.
- Contact your creditors to explain your situation.
- Negotiate payment plans with your creditors when you have some money to pay them.
- Opt-out of receiving unsolicited offers for credit cards to avoid the temptation of applying for them.