Develop a Spending Plan
A good way to start taking control of your financial situation is to develop a personal spending plan. A spending plan is a step-by-step plan for meeting expenses and financial goals in a given period of time.
How many of you already have a spending plan? What are some of the benefits of a spending plan?
Following a spending plan:
- Helps you know what your income and expenses are every month
- Reduces the anxiety of not being able to meet your expenses
- Gives you a sense of control over your money because a spending plan is all about choices—choosing how to use your money
- Helps you build assets that will improve the quality of life for you and your family
Spending Plan Tools
Keeping accurate records helps you successfully implement and follow a spending plan. Here are some recordkeeping tips:
- Keep financial records in a safe place or in a safe deposit box.
- Organize your files so it is easy to find important financial information.
- Keep your tax records for at least three years.
656 total views, 2 today